Add or remove Subscribers from Blacklists by selecting the Blacklist tab located on the right side of the Subscribers tab from the Subscribers main section.
The Blacklist contains subscribers who have either Unsubscribed or Opted-Out from messaging services and will not receive messages from the service that they opted out or unsubscribed from. It contains the following elements
- A Blacklists dropdown menu to select which blacklist is to be modified
- A button to Add to the blacklist that has been selected
- And a table that shows blacklisted subscribers in the selected blacklist
In the screenshot above, the blacklist selected is the one that corresponds to the 52811 short code and the table shows the one subscriber that has been blacklisted for that list.
Blacklists are segmented for each Sender entity that has been configured in the platform. These can be found in the Blacklists dropdown box located on the top left side of the Blacklist tab section.
The sample screenshot above, shows a platform with five sending entities configured:
- A shortcode number, 52811.
- A long code number, 14155554559
- An email, [email protected]
- A WhatsApp entity as Company Account and
- A RCS RMB agent identified as CompanyAgent.
As you add or remove sending entities, the Blacklists options will be modified accordingly. For example, you can add different email sending entities to fulfill different roles for your organization and they would be reflected as one the Blacklist options in the dropdown box.
Once you select a Blacklist option, only the subscribers that are blacklisted for that option will be displayed in a table format as shown below.
The table is organized in four different columns,
- Subscriber: Shows the identity of the subscriber in either mobile format if the blacklist refers to SMS, WhatsApp or RCS, or in email address format if the blacklist corresponds to an email sending entity.
- Reason: Shows why the subscriber was blacklisted
- Blacklisted Date: Shows when the blacklisting took place
- Actions: Allows you to revert the blacklisted status of the subscriber making it available to receive the messaging service again. Selecting it will allow you perform the reversal, requiring confirmation of a dialog box that ensures the conditions of subscriber consent have been met.
Adding Subscribers to the Blacklists
From the Blacklists dropdown box,
- Select the sending entity that will blacklist the subscriber.
- Select Add to Blacklist located at the top-right corner.
The platform will present an entry form in the format that conforms to the blacklist that has been selected, identifying all the elements that are required as shown below, with SMS, WhatsApp, and RCS on the left and Email on the right.
- Introduce the identity of the subscribers as instructed by the dialog box. SMS, WhatsApp, and RCS require the mobile phone number, and Email lists the email address. Enter the reason for blacklisting, and select Add.
The Email Unsubscribe process consists of the Subscriber wanting to stop receiving Broadcast Emails. Once they have clicked on the Unsubscribe link in the received Email, the Subscriber will be placed in the Blacklist.
For example, when the Recipient opens the Email delivered from the Platform, it will contain the Unsubscribe Link.
By clicking on the Unsubscribe Link, a message will be displayed stating that they will no longer receive Emails.
Immediately, the Subscriber will be added to that Email Blacklist.
Updated 7 months ago